Friday, June 09, 2006

Sketch, Sketch, Sketch!

We hear it all the time, from every drawing teacher out there. Draw, draw, draw!
Dave Master once said, "Take your sketchbook into the bathroom even. You might get lucky and get a few hands done".

With his very inspiring blog, Dave Pimentel reminds us once again to, "Keep drawing!!!
No matter how busy you get in your daily lives, try and keep the pen moving!"
If you have not seen his quick sketches, go now! Dave is one of the lucky ones who got to study under the brilliant Walt Stanchfield.

Also check out these amazing sketches by Bolhem Bouchiba, one of my favourite animators. Thanks to Enrico Casarosa for sharing them.

Here are a few scribbles of mine from the last week. Trying to get myself to keep the pen moving, no matter how busy I get.









10 Comments:

Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

Hey jUSTIN kool sketches love drawing from life and thanks for the kind words!!!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Steve Rolston said...

Yes! Keep drawing!

And do as I say, not as I do! ;)

2:35 PM  
Blogger Justin Lee said...

so i typed my name into google and found your blog...

my name also happens to be Justin Lee...
and I'm also an animator.

www.playlistcomics.blogspot.com

11:49 PM  
Blogger Miggles said...

Hey Justin, its Maggie here (Thomas's girlfriend). You say draw, and I say yes! I heard you were part of that group that meets up at union station on sundays? What time could i find people there! I wanna draw some hapless by-standers! Also, check out my blog if you've got time...

4:42 PM  
Blogger Witness said...

I like your stuff. Keep on sketching. If you don't use it, you lose it. That's why I started my blog.......

12:04 PM  
Blogger DaLe said...

hey justin!! great sketches man, wish i was doing the same, nick keeps a tight leash on me until i get this damn film finished. starting on pizza hut next week too?

12:27 PM  
Blogger justin said...

hey everyone,

thanks for dropping by with comments.
Linton, Susan, witness. Thanks. I'll try and keep posting.
Steve - thanks man. Cannot wait for The Escapists.
Justin - Nice work. Good to see another animating J. Lee out there. Only the second person I have met with that name.
Hey Maggie. It's been a while. I've only gone drawing with Bobby once, but hopefully more in the future.
Hey Dale - we missed you on Tues/Thurs. Good to see you in the blooging world.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Perry Linton Joseph Osuna said...

thanks 4 the dropin and kind words lookin 4ward to the next post take care!!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger goutwort said...

Those umbrella people are really great. We really need to get out drawing together.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Ryan Bullard said...

Great sketches Justin!

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home