Thursday, November 23, 2006

old man Timmy Ho's

This guy was on the subway this morning. He had such a great, old face. The first thought that came to mind was a human walrus. Lots of lines and a nice, fleshy nose.
Having just finished my cheese croissant, I immediately reached for my pen and scribbled away on the closest surface, a bag from Timmy's.
With my lumpy backpack for support and a paper and steeped tea precariously clutched in my left hand, I managed to whip off a few sketches before he got up to leave.
Next time I'll try and push it even more... play up the whole 'walrussy' part.




7 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Tim Hortons saves the day again :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Phil said...

nice sketches man...way to rock the paper bags.

1:22 PM  
Blogger madmounty said...

hey man remember me? bastard said he would call.. just kiddin man your stuff is always great!

1:59 AM  
Blogger hfm said...

We can almost see his soul. Great!

3:37 AM  
Blogger Rånny said...

these are some really nice drawings, i like all of your pen sketches so i am linking you, stay ace and i'll b back.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

AWesome drawings Justin !!

5:25 PM  
Blogger justin said...

melissa, alina, phil - thanks.
madmoun...who? Just kidding! We should meet up when I get back. Did Francisco say we ran into each other?
hfm - Muito Obrigado.
Rånny - thanks for dropping by!
Your stuff is amazing.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home